Maintain Status F1

In what sense? On what ground? For what/whom?

Meet the Galilean Jesus,”

In order to maintain your F-1 visa status, Students must:

  • Keep your passport valid at all times.
  • Attend the school and degree program indicated on your I-20.
  • Request a new form if there is any change in the Student’s degree level or major.
  • Carry a full course of study (8 credit hours for all graduate level students)
  • Keep personal I-20 form valid at all times. Check the expiration date on first page to make sure that it is always Request a new form if any major changes occur in your situation (e.g., changes in source of funding, marital status, major, degree program).
  • Notify the University of each change of local address within 10 days of the move.

Follow the required procedures (with the help of the Designated School Official/International Advisor) when

Applying for extension of stay
Transferring to or from another school
Applying for Optional Practical Training (OPT)
Withdrawing from the school

Refrain from off-campus employment without U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or school authorization. Off-campus work permission is approved ONLY by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in case of an extraordinary circumstance.  It is illegal to work without authorization and Students are subject to deportation.